Quick Start Guide – Carmen CA001
PLEASE READ SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND ALL WARNINGS PRIOR TO USING THE CARMEN. The complete user guide is available at www.livioradio.com/carmenhelp
For help please go to www.livioradio.com/help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our US based knowledgeable Customer Service at
- Connect Carmen to your computer with the included USB Cable.
- Open the “Carmen” folder on your computer.
- Mac Users: Double click on the “Carmen.app” file
- PC Users: Double click on the “Carmen_win32.exe” file.
Note: If you are using an advanced 64-bit system click on “CarmenWin64.exe”. Most users will use the CarmenWin32.exe
- 3. DO NOT COPY THE FILES TO YOUR COMPUTER
- Use the software to find a station to record.
- Double-click a station to start the recording process: the station will play for 10 seconds before recording automatically begins.
- Recordings are automatically saved on the Carmen in 15-minute blocks of time.
- Press the mute button to continue recording without hearing the music through your computer’s speakers.
- BEFORE REMOVING THE CARMEN: Quit the Carmen application and eject the Carmen device from your computer as you would any other USB drive.
- Plug the Carmen to your vehicle’s 12-volt adapter.
Listen to your recordings in your car:
10. Connect the Carmen to your vehicle’s stereo:
- AUX IN – Use the included AUX cable.
- FM transmitter – Use the the A-/B+ buttons on the Carmen to adjust the desired FM frequency for broadcast, then tune your car stereo into this frequency. For best reception, look for an “empty” frequency (i.e. with static).
WARNING: DO NOT MODIFY THE FM FREQUENCY WHILE DRIVING