Want to update your Carmen Software?
The current available software version is 1.02, every 30 days, your Carmen will automatically look for software updates on its own. If you would like to look for an update sooner, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Carmen application and click “about”to see if there is an update available.
- If there isn’t an update available, you will see which version you have and an “okay” button.
- If there is an update, you will see: “There is an upgrade for Carmen, would you like to get it?” Clicking “yes” will launch your web browser in a few seconds where you can get the most updated software for your Carmen.
Carmen Update Instructions:
- Ensure your Carmen is attached to the computer before starting the upgrade.
- Ensure you have the latest version of Java before installing by going to http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
- Click on the download link above to start the update.
- After a few moments, Java will startup and begin downloading the application.
- Once the application is downloaded, Java will show you a dialog like this:
Click allow, to run the update for carmen. Show details displays information about the update’s signature from Livio Radio.
- The updater will start after a few seconds and should look like this:
(Note to Windows Vista users: The enable autostart checkbox is not present when updating on Windows Vista. This is because Windows Vista handles autostart for Carmen with it’s built-in AutoPlay options for mass storage devices.)
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you have closed any running Carmen windows before updating the device.
- Select if you would like Carmen to run automatically when attached and click update. If you chose to opt out of this feature, you can always enable it in Carmen under the preferences menu.
- Once the update has started, it will take a few minutes to copy the files to your Carmen device.
- Once the update is finished, the updater will display a success message. Your update was complete. The success message may instruct you to restart your computer if you have elected to have autostart installed on your computer.
- If the update fails, go ahead and try running the update again. There is no guarantee that the Carmen software will run properly regardless of what progress the update was at at the time of the failure. Attempt the update until you get a success message.
Download the Carmen update guide
We’d love to hear from you!
Livio radios are made by and for music lovers, no matter how obscure your favorite tunes are, we have a way that you can enjoy them without juggling complicated technologies, menus or monthly fees.
We make the best radios because we’re the best at listening to you and developing ways to enhance your experience. So go ahead, give us a call!