Code. Coffee. Create.
- SDL Puts Waze Navigation, ParkU and Honeywell Home Thermostat Control Right on Your Dashboard
- Ford and Toyota Establish SmartDeviceLink Consortium to Accelerate Industry-Driven Standard for In-Vehicle Apps
- jacapps’ ‘App Everywhere’ Gets In Android Auto, Apple CarPlay And Ford’s Smart Device Link
- New SmartDeviceLink Developer Program Makes It Easier to Create In-Car Apps for Growing List of Global Automakers
- Abalta Expands The Power of SDL for Automakers
Livio began as a consumer electronics startup out of the Metro Detroit area in 2008 and later pivoted into mobile software and web technologies. As an emerging leader in automotive connectivity, Livio was acquired by Ford in 2013. Livio is the project maintainer of SmartDeviceLink and an active contributor to software projects within the Ford Research & Advanced Engineering organization.
Rear Seat Entertainment PrototypeThe Rear Seat Entertainment prototype demoed the possibilities of brought-in entertainment. In the demo, rear seat iPads used an in-car LAN to connect while SDL was used to allow parental control over the video played. The video was then kept in sync to allow the rear seat passengers the ability to watch any video in the car synced between every device, all while allowing the parent easy control from the infotainment system.
The Super Helpful Application ID (SHAID) server manages Application IDs used by the SmartDeviceLink (SDL) components. This includes creation of new unique application IDs, anonymous distribution of the IDs to SDL partners, and the ability to revoke an existing ID. The SHAID server can also notify subscribing SDL Servers when an ID is revoked, allowing the SDL Server to take appropriate action.
Software Engineer - iOS
Chief Technology Officer
Full Stack Engineer
Chief Executive Officer
Why work at Livio? A small, start up culture with all the benefits of being a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Co. Flexible hours, health, dental, vision, Ford Retirement Plan and 401K.
Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack Web Development